ILO LCD Color HDTV does not change channels /...

Problem details

PROBLEM: Will not resond to change channel, volume, menu access.... neither from TV or remote. Just turns on and off. The channel it is set on work fine just can't adjust.
------
We had recently had cable installed and the tech ran the cable across the street too low. Apparently a vehicle drove by and snagged the wire, pulling it down the street until it snapped. This occured Sunday morning early...TV was fine Satruday night. BUT the problem has been noted ever since cable was reinstalled.....

MY QUESTION:
Is it possible, that when the wire was stretched to the point of poping, that it sent a surge through the cable that zapped the TV? I have the Cable co coming out to check it out...I need to know if there is any techincal logic behind my thinking here....

Best solution

Hi. I also have that same problem. Seems like alot of people do. I beleive we need to get a Class action suit going. But in the mean time I can still use my TV by running my sound thru my surround sound DVD player and changing channels thru my Direct TV box. My husband also has his playstation 3 hooked up some how!! Unfortunatly I have one remote for sound one for just turning the TV off and on and the direct tv remote to change channels. It is a hassle but I can't afford to just though out 800.00. Hope this helps!

Counter